lost, stolen, or destroyed PR Card

lost, stolen, or destroyed PR Card

If your PR card is lost, stolen, or destroyed while you are in Canada, contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada to report what happened.  To replace your PR Card, you need to apply for a replacement PR Card.  You can apply to replace your PR card if you are in Canada.  If you lose your Permanent Resident card while traveling or living outside Canada, you should apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to return to Canada. 

The Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) is an identification and travel document for Permanent Residents of Canada.  It is one of the methods by which Canadian Permanent Residents can prove their status.  A Permanent Resident (PR) Card and a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) are the only documents that allow Permanent Residents to return to Canada by commercial carriers.  

To be eligible to replace a lost PR card, you need to:

  • be a Permanent Resident of Canada
  • not have been asked by the Government of Canada to leave the country
  • be physically present in Canada. To keep your Permanent Resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least seven hundred thirty days during the last five years.  These seven hundred thirty days don't need to be continuous.  Some of your time abroad may count towards the seven hundred thirty days.

We Can Help!

Applying to replace a lost Canadian PR card can be complicated and challenging.  A high number of applications are rejected due to application errors or missing documents.  If your application is returned for correction, the process would be delayed by a minimum of three months.

We can help you to apply to replace your lost PR Card without any stress and unnecessary delays.  We ensure the process is done professionally, quickly, and efficiently.  We will assist you with:

  • Filling out the proper forms
  • Helping with the preparation of required supporting documents
  • Assessing your application, documents, and citizenship photos prior to submission
  • Submitting your application on your behalf
  • Acting as a liaison between our clients and government agencies, such as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Let our readily available expert agents ensure that your PR card replacement application is done effectively to avoid rejection, delays, hassles, and headaches. We’re here to help!

Questions?  Call us at (613) 691 – 9500 or email us at [email protected]

The cost of this service is 300

The fee includes:

    • Professional fees: include the PR Card application and supporting documents preparation, review, and administrative fees such as photocopies, long-distance telephone calls, fax, cost of submitting your application to the IRCC, etc.

    • The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada fees


Canada AG Immigration & Citizenship Services is a regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant service registered and licensed by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC) as well as a proud member of the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) and an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB).