Through Family Class Sponsorship, Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have dependent or adopted children living abroad can sponsor them to immigrate to Canada.
The main purpose of the sponsorship of dependent children, which is offered through the Family Class sponsorship, is to enable family members who reside in different countries to be reunited and live together in Canada. More specifically, the program allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to bring their children from abroad to Canada as permanent residents.
To sponsor a dependent child to come to Canada, the applicant parent must:
- be 18 years of age or older.
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident living in Canada, intending to return to Canada, or a person registered under the Indian Act of Canada.
- be able to provide for the basic needs and those of the applicant’s dependent children as well as the applicant’s spouse, if applicable.
- be able to prove the applicant’s relationship to the child.
- not have a criminal record.
- not be in prison, charged with a serious offence, or bankrupt.
- not be in default of a previous sponsorship undertaking.
- not be under immigration investigation.
- not be receiving income assistance, except for reasons of disability.
In addition, the child being sponsored must be:
- underage of 22 at the time of the sponsorship application submission
- not married or in a common-law relationship.
- the biological or adopted child of a sponsoring parent.
Children over the age of 22 may also qualify for sponsorship as a dependent child providing, they meet the following two requirements:
- they suffer from a physical or mental condition that prevents them from being able to support themselves.
- they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22.
We Can Help!
We can help you to find out if you meet the eligibility requirements as well as how to sponsor your family members.
Applying for Canadian Permanent Residency via the family sponsorship program can be complicated and challenging. A high number of applications are delayed due to errors or missing documentation. Unfortunately, after being rejected, a candidate will have to start the process from the beginning again and lose precious time with their family member.
We can help you to apply and navigate the Family Sponsorship Program without any stress and unnecessary delays. We ensure the process is done professionally, quickly, and efficiently. We will assist you with:
Initial Consultation: We conduct a comprehensive assessment of your individual circumstances and advise you on the best entry approach. We will provide you with recommendations about how to proceed.
Family Sponsorship & Permanent Resident Application: If you meet the eligibility requirements to sponsor a family member, you should submit the appropriate forms based on your situation. We complete the documentation needed for your permanent residency application. We help you to prepare your application and supporting documents according to Immigration Canada standards, and we submit your application on your behalf.
We follow up with your application process and deal with any issues that may arise during the application process. We act as a liaison between you and the government agency, Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada until you receive your family member(s) permanent residency.
We’re here to help! Let our readily available immigration experts ensure that your immigration application is done effectively to avoid rejection, delays, hassles, and headaches. With our professional guidance and the latest technology, you will be a few steps closer to your Canadian Dream.
Canada AG Immigration & Citizenship Services is a regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant service registered and licensed by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC) as well as a proud member of the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) and an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB).