If you lose your Permanent Resident card or it expires while traveling or living outside Canada, you still keep your Permanent Resident (PR) status. However, you can not apply to renew or replace your PR card outside Canada. You should apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to return to Canada.
If you try to return to Canada without a valid PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to take your flight, train, bus, or boat to Canada. The Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) is a temporary official document proving a person’s status as a permanent resident in Canada. It proves to transportation companies that a PRTD holder can travel to Canada as a permanent resident if she/he doesn’t have a valid PR card. PRTD will allow you to return to Canada and apply for your new PR Card. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada.
To be eligible for a PRTD you need to:
- be a Permanent Resident of Canada
- be physically present outside Canada.
- not have been asked by the Government of Canada to leave the country.
We Can Help!
Applying for a PRTD can be complicated and challenging. A high number of applications are delayed due to application errors or missing documents. This leads to unnecessary and costly travel delays and cancellations.
We can help you to get PRTD without any stress and unnecessary delays. We ensure the process is done professionally, quickly, and efficiently. We will assist you with:
- Filling out the proper forms
- Helping with the preparation of required supporting documents.
- Assessing your application, and documents prior to submission
- Submitting your application on your behalf
- Acting as a liaison between our clients and government agencies, such as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Let our readily available expert agents ensure that your PRTD application is done effectively to avoid rejection, delays, hassles, and headaches
We’re here to help!
Canada AG Immigration & Citizenship Services is a regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant service registered and licensed by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC) as well as a proud member of the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) and an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB).