A Canadian Permanent Resident who has met certain requirements is eligible to apply for her/his Canadian citizenship by naturalization. The criteria to acquire Canadian citizenship can include a residency requirement, knowledge of English or French, and basic knowledge of Canada.
To apply for your Canadian citizenship as an adult through naturalization, you must:
- be a permanent resident of Canada
- be 18 years of age or older
- have lived in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the five years before the date you sign your application
- have adequate knowledge of either English or French
- have adequate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship
- not be under a removal order (in other words, the Government of Canada has not ordered you to leave the country)
- not be a security risk
- not be criminally prohibited
- attend a ceremony and take the oath of citizenship
We Can Help!
To keep your Permanent Resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least seven
hundred thirty days during the last five years. These seven hundred thirty days don't need to be continuous.
Some of your time abroad may count towards the seven hundred thirty days.
We Can Help!
Applying for Canadian Citizenship can be complicated and challenging. A high number of applications are rejected due to application errors or missing documents. If your application is returned for correction, the process would be delayed by a minimum of three months.
We can help you to apply for your Canadian Citizenship without any stress and unnecessary delays. We ensure the process is done professionally, quickly, and efficiently. We will assist you with:
- Filling out the proper forms
- Helping with the preparation of required supporting documents
- Assessing your application, documents, and citizenship photos prior to submission
- Submitting your application on your behalf
- Acting as a liaison between our clients and government agencies, such as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Let our readily available Canadian Citizenship experts ensure that your Grant of Canadian Citizenship application is done effectively to avoid rejection, delays, hassles, and headaches.
We’re here to help!
Canada AG Immigration & Citizenship Services is a regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant service registered and licensed by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC) as well as a proud member of the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) and an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB).